Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Savvy Bake Sale Tips from Amy Atlas Events

I'm always being asked to bring baked goodies to the frequent bake sales that my daughter's orchestra holds at every concert. They rely on the proceeds for that extra needed funding for instrument repairs, competition trips, sheet music, and more. As I love baking, it's an easy way for me to contribute.

I just ran across this article in the October 2010 issue of Parents Magazine with tips from Amy Atlas for making your next bake sale more successful. Amy's basic message is that smart and beautifully presented packaging (she's a pro) can add to your bottom line. Some of her ideas are shown below. Click on the link below to see more. I'll definitely try the darling cupcake cones. The mini rice treats and bar cookies (who knew that bar cookies are best sellers?!?) are easy ones too, and packaging them with my favorite wrapping paper in neat little wraps is brilliant. Plus, it's great for my kids to help bake or make the treats and design the packaging so that they see how their efforts can help a cause that has meaning for them. Love it!

Click here for great Bake Sale recipes and display tips from Amy Atlas.


No comments:

Post a Comment